quickaside on the DW article in question:
Full disclosure: I am a woman Doctor advocate. I see no essential “maleness” in the Doctor’s character (or essential “whiteness”, but that’s another rant entirely), and I think it would be phenomenal to see the Doctor’s non-gendered…
Please take the time to read this entire rant before you read this one, because ^ THAT.
Benjamin Cook is a clown — and not just because of the hair. He wastes so much time and energy fighting against the TOTALLY REASONABLE criticisms he receives rather than actually educating himself on the topic at hand. Like seriously check out some of his comments on video responses to “Girls on YouTube” if you want to see a manchild throw a temper tantrum.
Yes, Ben, everyone has the right to their opinions. That includes the ladies you’re calling cunts and blocking on twitter (for basically doing the same thing Hank did here) because you really care about women ~having a voice~ oh my god THANK YOU, World Renowned Feminist Benjamin Cook!!!11!!one
Of course he kisses Hank’s ass because he’s not QUITE finished riding his coattails just yet seriously he’s such an attention whore I can’t even
Or at least realize that if you want to continue being an arrogant dumbass, people are going to call you an arrogant dumbass. Shockingly enough.
ACTUAL MESSAGE OF (500) DAYS OF SUMMER THAT NO ONE ACTUALLY REALIZES
“And belonging to the same fandoms does not make me your new best friend,” said the bitchy girl to the nerdfighter.
Yeah I’ve seen it suggested to anti-nerdfighters that they’re “just jealous” of the Vlogbrothers. As if it is impossible to find their grating personalities and dumb opinions SUPER ANNOYING ON THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL. There are plenty of people in this world, many far more successful than the Vlogbrothers, who I admire. That’s not the issue here. Truuussssst meeeee.
Incidentally, if I did have a sibling “suitable for similar videos” I think I’d pretty much be like
Self Portrait through a book (statement here)
Yes. Burning johns books is the most appropriate response to john green.
I’m thinking maybe it’s time to have a bonfire of my own…
It is a tool I use to help me cope with the fact that I’m surrounded by idiots.
This is my other issue with John Green because:
- Nerds are better than everyone because books reading specialness
- Let’s turn every single thing a girl can do or be into a performance for male attention amirightladies
- It’s some pick-up-artist bullshit; try to get with girls who’ve been taught that they’re not desirable, it’s easier and they’ll be better girlfriends because they’re not stuck up and gross and girly anyway (just the term “romantic resource”, ugh)
- I hate the way he obviously targets his image like this, this was so obviously an attempt to get a bunch of vulnerable teen girls on the internet to swoon over the generosity of his concession that they’re datable
- It’s just so annoying, who says the word “gentleman”, who says “nerd girls”?
Interesting that he’s chosen to address the “gentlemen” here. I guess it would be silly to speak to his audience, aka the “resources.” What are resources, after all? They are things that are used. They have no desires. They have no voice.
John, in retrospect, says “It is pretty clearly a joke.”
Guys… I don’t think John knows that jokes are supposed to be funny.
I wish I knew it.